Friday, June 17, 2016

Inspired by Amy Sheffer





Today I am posting  a card for Papertrey Ink's Release Week challenge "select something that the amazing team has created during the release that inspired you, and create your own version."  I have selected one of my FAVORITE! designers, Amy Sheffer's, card.




Edited to add:



The kind and sweet and oh so talented, Laura Jane of "After Hours Ink and Flowers" blog has encouraged me to add my card to the Altenew June Challenge.  Is this Inspiration photo amazing or what!?! and themost  beautiful part is this the model is Amy Gray form Altenew in her own wedding dress!!




I am having the time of my life playing with my Zig Water Color Markers.  I think they are the best thing since sliced bread : )

The thing I think I love the most about these markers is the bold bright colors you can achieve even though you are using water.

I water colored my flowers on a piece of water color paper first then cut the panel out using a Scallop Rectangle die.  Next I cut another rectangle die from black foam and glued my colored frame to the top of the black one.  I inserted my colored panel inside the frame so it is just a bit lower than the fame and glued it all down to my card base.  I stamped my sentiment using my Misti so that I didn't mess up my card face : )  and applied the die cut "Praise" - which I also colored using the Zigs : )

Please check out the wonderful DT for PTI as well as the gallery for this challenge which is STUFFED! with amazing inspiring and inspired projects from PTI's release week!

And get ready to be impressed when you visited Altenew's blog and take in the sensational cards in the gallery!

I mentioned in my post earlier this week that I got to meet up with some crafty friends to play with paper last Saturday.  My new friend, Jill, invited my BFF, Diane, and I to join her and her friend, Stacy, for a papercrafting day.  Jill and I "met" on-line a month or so ago and found that we live only about 50 minutes from one another.  We had such a fun day of paper crafting and LAUGHTER! we all hit it off beautifully and will try to make this a regular gathering : )

Stacy introduced me to a beautiful new paper called Terra Skin Multi Media Bloc that can be used for water coloring.  This paper feels like a super soft light weight suede!  It is just dreamy to touch.  I created this card using that paper.  It is not as absorbent like normal water color paper and therefore the water pools a little and when dried looks really neat!





Thanks a bunch for stopping by! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Patti

Supplies:
Beautiful Day by Altenew
Inspired: Praise mini by Papertrey Ink


21 comments:

Linda said...

Patti, you are really rocking the Ziggy pens. I have so much trouble with them. This is so gorgeous.

Nancy Penir said...

You created 2 beautiful watercolors. Gorgeous how you colored the stamps. Love the blues. Never tried that paper, but sounds great. Have to say, the word 'praise' in ombre yellow is gorgeous. Love how you framed that one too!

paperkicks said...

Love your cards Patti! They are beautifully done, watercolor, sentiment, everything!!

Lisa Elton said...

Patti I am in absolute awe of your first card, it's GORGEOUS!! Love the second too. You are a master with your Zigs!!

Vikki H said...

I love your cards! the first one is stunning with its details and your skills at water coloring! I haven't tried the Zig markers but your results are beautiful. This stamp set is a recent purchase of mine, the very first Altenew set I own. BTW thanks for your kind comments on my card. I had several of Amy's as favorites; she is so talented.

Peanut said...

Jaw-dopping gorgeousness, my friend! That Scripture verse fit perfectly. LOVE it!
hugs, Asha

Birgit said...

Patti this is gorgeous! I'd say you're already a pro at using your zigs. Maybe you could teach me a thing or two as I still struggle with using them. Your cards are delightful!!

Jeanne said...

What a gorgeous card, Patti! You and those watercolor markers look to be fast friends. You definitely have a knack for them, that is for sure. Such a vibrant look to your flowers. How fun that you got to meet up with crafty friends. Laughter...so good for whatever ails you and great for bonding. So happy for you. Life sounds pretty amazing for you! :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Patti! Your cards are GORGEOUS! Love your colouring - it took you no time at all to get the hang of the Zigs! You're amazing! That new paper sounds awesome too! Enjoy your weekend, my friend!

LauraJane:) said...

Patti these are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the first one with the Psalms..I do LOVE singing that one:)) The double matted scalloped frame is very pretty! It would be Super to see you linked up in the Altenew challenge Gallery! I see a winner here if I had my say:))
I'll check out that new paper too...LOOKS dreamy! Now YOU have me shopping, HA!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love it. The colors of those flowers are magnificent and I love how you used a scalloped rectangle die to create the inset portion and the outer frame of the card front.

Diane said...

Oh what a fun day it was ! I loved being with such talented, sweet, funny women. These cards are beautiful! Love you friend ! bff

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous cards. Love your beautiful coloring of the flowers and the scalloped frame.

Nancy said...

Oh my this is stunning! You are really making me want some ZIGS my friend! I am so glad you met up with your friends and had such a great time! Warms my heart to hear others doing what I have done and taking the opportunity to find fellow stampers and meet face to face. Now, if I could only someday meet up with you...I would love that! HUGS!!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous...beyond gorgeous! Love those beautiful blue flowers, so elegant!

Lynne in NI said...

Ooooh these are another couple of stunners Patti! You're definitely rocking those zig markers and I like the sound of that watercolour paper.
That was great you got to meet a blogging buddy, some day I'm gonna come over and play in your craft cave ... need to keep doing the lottery in the meantime though LOL ;)

Marcia Hill said...

Stunning! Both of your cards are absolutely stunning Patti! I am SO impressed with how quickly you picked up using those Zigs...you really do look like a pro! And I love the way the water pools on that 2nd card...so pretty and I have already written down the name of the paper so I can check it out! Lovely, lovely cards...I'm in awe!! :0)

Taunya Butler said...

I am so impressed with what you are doing with your ZIG's - completely and totally awesome - these cards are gorgeous and so breathtakingly lovely!! You create such beauty because you are a beautiful soul!!

cm said...

You and your Zigs have definitely forged a bond...you obviously have a natural talent for using them (unlike me! I'm ready to squish their pretty little brushes...grrrr! I won't but...close *grin*) Gorgeous flowers, shaded to 'real life' perfection. Your excursion with your crafting friends sounds marvelous. Wish I could tag along...No 'crafting pals' here, but I've met a three in real life and oh, talk about moments treasured! Lucky friends to have YOU in their lives...
hugs~c

Sadie said...

Just lovely, Patti! I absolutely love the colors and you make me want to be using my Zig markers more often. Those colors certainly are vibrant. You did a great job with them.

Amy Sheffer said...

Your watercoloring is amazing! You really make those Zigs sing! Thank you for the absolutely gorgeous CASE!