Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Time Out Challenge Guest Designer!!



I was shocked back in May when I saw that I won the Time Out Challenge #56 for my take on Kay Miller's beautiful card.  THIS was my card.  I was not only honored to be selected as winner but I was then offered the opportunity to be a Guest Designer on Time Out Challenges!

So here I am today with another great challenge from the talented gals at Time Out Challenges.  The challenge:

Masculine with optional twist of Mixed Media

I was not sure I had ever made a "Mixed Media" card but when Sandie wrote to tell me the description of Mixed Media I was pleasantly surprised:

 "stamps and ink plus 2 other elements that add texture and/or dimension"  

See! easy peasy! no reason to be intimidated by Mixed Media!!



This eye popping plaid paper could have been inspired by my own father's golf slacks in the 1970s LOL Seriously! I can picture his pale yellow golf shirt to match!   I will send this to Dad for his July birthday and he will say! "Hey those are my golf slacks!" LOL

I hope that you will join the fun at Time Out Challenges because it is a FUN challenge - but there is more!..... there is a PRIZE!! from STAMPlorations!, our sponsor this month.

Thank you for stopping by friends and thanks a bunch for your sweet comments! I appreciate every single one!!

Patti

Supplies:
On the Links stamp set by PTI
White Nonpareils candy by Wilton : )
Plaid golf slacks from Dad's closet heehee just kidding plaid paper from my stash

16 comments:

sandie said...

We are so pleased you joined as our Guest Designer and you rocked mixed media. That paper is perfect for a golfing card...think my Dad still has those trousers! And such a cool idea to make this a shaker card, totally inspiring.

cm said...

Congratulations on your GD role, Patti, and oh, what a MMMM (marvelous masculine mixed media) card you've created! That golf bag and balls: brilliant! And the 'pants-themed' paper is the perfect pairing! Fantastic!
Hugs~c

Marybeth said...

A big congratulation on your win Patti! Oh my gosh I love this shaker golf bag! That is one stamp I use often form Serendipity Stamps ! Love your card!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oooh, I love shaker cards! This is wonderful - I love the golf clubs and beautiful plaid! Great masculine card - they are the hardest (for me anyway)!

Lisa Elton said...

CONGRATS on your guest DT gig Patti, so happy for you!! This card rocks and your dad is going to love it. The shaker element is so fun and that's a great plaid. I'll bet your dad looked very dapper on the golf course!!

Anita in France said...

Brilliant, Patti ... such a cool and funky plaid background ... and that golf bag with the shaker golf balls is fantastic ... so creative! So happy to have you as our Guest Designer at Time Out! Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations Patti, so well deserved. Such a fabulous, fun and creative card today x...loving the balls xxx

Diane Jaquay said...

Such an awesome, fun design, LOVE this!!

Joyce said...

Your mixed media card is wonderful. Love that plaid you made, and how funny that it would match your dad's old pants. Thanks so much for being our guest designer this week.

Peanut said...

Oh your Dad is going to LOVE tis card, esp since you've found and recycled his gold slacks on this card! LOL. What luck that you found that patterned paper. The golf balls - that's pure genius, my friend!
hugs Asha

Lynne in NI said...

Hahaha that's so funny that your DP looks like your Dad's old slacks, bet he has a good giggle at this :)

Shona Chambers said...

I love to make shaker cards and this one is brilliant!! Those teeny tiny golf balls are genius and you did so well lining up your stamped image with the die-cut. Loving that plaid paper too! So wonderful to have you with us as GD this week and look forward to your second card!!

Jill V said...

Love the combination of plaid and golf - so perfect - and the addition of the little white shakers balls as golf balls is complete genius! I never really thought about shaker cards as being masculine but you have completely nailed it - amazing inspiration! Thanks for being our guest designer for this challenge at Time Out! Jill

Lisa Kind said...

This is awesome! I just started playing golf last year, so I can relate! And I love that you made it a shaker that looks like golf balls! So cool! Welcome to Time out for this challenge!

Nonni said...

What an inventive and clever shaker card, your dad will surely love it! The plaid paper is fab, great card! Thanks for being our GD at TO. :)

Oreety said...

This is awesome!!! I have the On the Links set and cannot believe it never occurred to me to make a shaker card! I love it and thank you for the wonderful inspiration!