Thursday, March 8, 2018

Sweet Cactus





Hello crafty friends I am so pleased you stopped by.  Today I want to share a few cards I created using product from Penny Black's newest release, Sweet Spring.




Aren't those cactus sweet?  I am finding a new found love for cactus as a result of the time we have been spending in the southwest.  I used a cactus vase in my pictures today that my sweet hubbers gave to me for Valentines Day.  I am looking forward to a lot more cactus in my future : ) heeheehee


My first card is a 5" square card.  I cut a top panel from the new "Stitched Square and Circles" die before stamping and coloring my images.  All my cards were colored with Prisma colored pencils.




For my second 5" square card I used the "Stitched Stackers" die to emboss a frame directly to my card face then I stamped and colored the image before attaching my "hello" sentiment.

With some careful masking I was able to create all my cards using the same stamp. Using smaller sections of the image really stretch the use of just one stamp!





My third card is an A2 size.  It is another one layer card using only a portion of the whole cactus stamp.

Here is an easy reference for the supplies I used:


Happy Together #30-465


Stitched Squares & Circles # 51-422


Birthday Love #30-413
Stitched Stackers #51-416


Doodles #51-128



April Showers #30-172




That is it for me today.  I hope you are having a great week so far!! : ) and that you are getting to play with your favorite hobby.

BIG (((HUGS)))








15 comments:

Colleen said...

Patti, I found the dessert to have it's own beauty and of course the cactus is a big part of that. I marveled at all the blooms that come from those scraggly looking (sometimes) plants. and those blooms can be majestic! Maybe only last hours, but oh so gorgeous and striking! I am glad you are home safe and ready to start your next life's adventure! Your cards are fantastic, I love how you emboss the stitched stackers for extra eye appeal and texture! Your coloring is spot on and always perfect! Have a great rest of the week! Heart Hugs, Colleen

cm said...

Solo, a trio, a quintet...your succulents are absolutely darling in all their iterations! Such pretty designs; these would make a lovely gift set! Although we live far from cacti, that doesn't stop me from being enamoured with them, too! Did you find a place? When does your new 'warmer' journey begin?
Hugs~c

Mac Mable said...

Such gorgeous trio of cards. Fabulous masking, stamping and colouring. Love the vase your DH gave you too x Hope the trip was fruitful? x

Lyn said...

Such a gorgeous collection of cards <3. Love the vase in the background, lovely gift :) I love the hues especially of some of the smaller cacti

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Patti! Like your thoughts of me with polka dots, now I will alway think of you when I see cacti! I love that you added the bit of color shading underneath them so they aren't just floating on the card. It really pulls the design together. Fabulous work my friend!

Vikki H said...

You, Miss Patti, are incredibly clever to mask your stamp and achieve the variety in your card set. The vase is awesome and your colors hint that you're adopting southwest hues already! I'm waiting to see where you'll be in a year or so. There is a lot of beauty to enjoy in the southwest.

Jeanne said...

First up, that vase is so cool! What a sweet hubby. Your cacti are colored so prettily! It's amazing what beauty can be found in something so prickly. Thank you for sharing. Have you found your next home? I hope things get settled soon for you so you can get busy enjoying the new adventure. No favorite hobby time for me this week, unless you count Mom Taxi as a hobby. LOL It's all good and my season of life right now.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are so very gorgeous and well designed. I like that you used a sentiment from the other set like you did to work for a perfect addition to the card. And I love the colors you used. You really captured the inspiration photo perfectly with them.

Loll said...

Beautiful cactus cards Patti! Love these sweet images and you have coloured them to perfection. Each card is so adorable!! xx

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh I'm lovin your cactus themed cards Patti! And WOW to your new vase, it's gorgeous - well done Hubby!

Bobby said...

Your cactus cards are so cute, Patti, and they work together or singly.

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet cards...love your wonderful cactus, so pretty!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...you have made these Cactus's (or is it Cacti for plural??) look FABULOUS Patti! Your soft coloring is perfection and each card is a gem!! I too will now start thinking of you when I see a Cactus!! Sending many thoughts and prayers your way as you make this big move and hoping it will open a whole new world for you!! Hugs my friend!! :0)

Birgit said...

A wonderful trio of cacti cards here Patti! I hope your big move goes smoothly and you'll find strength and good health in this new chapter of life. Sending BIG (hugs) my friend!

Linda said...

Such a lovely trio of Cactus cards, Patti. They are so pretty. Hope you find the perfect spot for your next adventure. Hugs to you.